Grains are hard, small and a dry seed which is either attached or not attached with as fruit or a hull. It is usually harvested for animal and human consumption. Grains are classified into two other types such as legumes and cereals. Once the dry grains are harvested, it is more durable when compared to starchy fruits (bread fruits, plantains and others) and tubers (cassava, sweet potato and others). The durability of grains are well suited for industrial agriculture. Grains can be harvested mechanically, transported by ship or rail, long storage period, milling for flour and pressed to obtain oil.
Get Sample Copy Of This @ https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/samples/26398
There are certain measure to be taken while harvesting grains, such as protect the grains from various external factors such as fungus, pest, fertility, diseases, growth of weeds and other unavoidable climatic factors. In order to protect the grains from these factors, the growers adopted the usage of grain protectants. Insect pests such as beetle, weevils, moths, and grain borers have adverse and damaging impacts on various agricultural commodities.
Grain protectants are used to manage various plant diseases, pests and weeds. There are two types of pest that destroy the grains and forestry, such as invertebrate and vertebrate. Agricultural grains include field crops (maize, wheat, rice, others), vegetable crops (potatoes, cabbages, others) and fruits. The grains in field are exposed to many factor. The crop plants may be damaged by insects, birds, rodents, bacteria, others.
Grain Protectants and its Properties:
Grain protectants encompasses
- Pesticides – based approaches such as herbicides, insecticides and fungicides
- Biological grain protectants approache such as cover crops, trap crops and beetle banks
- Barrier-based grain protectants approaches such as agrotextiles and bird netting
- Animal psychology – based approaches such as bird scarers
- Biotechnology – based approaches such as plant breeding and genetic modification
The grain protectants market is expected to grow at a steady rate, due to significant advancements in technologies for innovative products and the growing demand for grain protectants in the developing regions. The only factor hindering the growth of the grain protectants market is the development of insect pest resistance, which is a primary concern since certain pest populations have developed resistance to chemicals such as organophosphates, pyrethroids, carbamates, and certain other agents such as methoprene. They cause major losses in stored grains, as they infest grains through direct consumption of kernels or through the accumulation of webbing and insect cadavers. The deposition of insect waste on grains results in low-quality grains, which are unfit for human consumption. Therefore, the usage of grain protectants for insect control is projected to grow as the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period.
Global Grain Protectants Market: Segmentation
On the basis of type, the global Grain Protectants market has been segmented as:
- Traps & baits
- Heat treatment
On the basis of pest, the global Grain Protectants market has been segmented as:
- Grain borers
- Others (Fungal species, mites, and birds)
On the basis of grain type, the global Grain Protectants market has been segmented as:
- Others (sorghum, millets, barley, and oats)
Global Grain Protectants Market: Market Participants
Some of the market participants operating in the global Grain Protectants market identified across the value chain include Bayer, Sumitomo Chemical, DowDuPont BASF, Nufarm, UPL,, Syngenta, FMC, Degesch America, Arysta LifeScience, Central Life Sciences, and Hedley Technologies., among the other Grain Protectants manufacturers.
Opportunities for Participants in the Grain Protectants Market
Commercialization of new active ingredients may take up to 10 years from the point of research and development phase; therefore, new innovations in the formulation of grain protectants is a necessity in the current chemistry to fulfil the technology gap constantly. In addition, companies that offer grain protectants have been expanding their R&D centres in other regions for introducing innovative capabilities to combat pest issues in grains.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Russia, Poland, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific ( Greater China, India, Japan, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of APAC)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint